Skip to content Sitemap


Q. How do I get keys for my new apartment?

A. Once your lease is signed and all monies paid, your building engineer will contact you to arrange a time to move-in. Your property manager will have your keys ready for you at that time.

Q. Where do I mail my rent checks?

A. We encourage all tenants to click here to request activation. Once your portal is set up, click on ‘management services’ and choose ‘pay rent online’.

If you are mailing your rent, please send it to our main office: DLG Management 3210 N. Halsted #2N, Chicago, IL 60657-3414 . We also have a night drop box on the exterior of our front door if the office happens to be closed.

Q. Who do I make my check payable to?


Q. When is rent due?

A. Rent is due on the 1st day of each month. Late fees apply for all rent received by the management office after the 5th day of each month. To avoid late fees you may pay online and set up auto payments each month.

Q. What are your management office hours?

A. The Management Office hours are:
Monday – Friday: 9:00 am – 5:30 pm,
Sat & Sun: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm.

Q. What utility companies do I notify?

A. If you have separately metered utilities for your unit you must pay for that utility. For electric, call Com Ed (800-334-7661). For a gas bill call Peoples Energy (866-556-6001).

Q. How do I request a maintenance work order?

A. We encourage all tenants to make maintenance requests through the online work order request. These requests are e-mailed immediately to our building managers. It’s quick and easy! Click on management services and choose maintenance request. You can also call the office at 773-528-1908.

Q. Do I need renters insurance?

A. You are not required to carry renter´s insurance but it is strongly recommended that you have your personal belongings insured. The management company and ownership do not carry insurance for your personal property. You can get renter´s insurance from any major insurance company (like the company that insures your car) or call the office and we can provide you with a reference.

Q. Do I need a parking permit for the street parking?

A. All cities, villages, and wards offer different regulations for parking. Check with your city or village hall or your local alderman’s ward office for specific information. Parking permits and stickers can be obtained through these offices.

Q. Who do I call in an emergency?

A. Contact 911 for police, fire & life safety emergencies. For non-life threatening emergencies, call 311 for city services.

  • During regular business hours please call: (773) 665-0103, to speak with the office Manager. 
  • After hours, please call (773) 528-1908 which will then have a voicemail with an emergency phone number.

Q. What if I need to re-let my apartment?

A. You will need to fill out and return a re-let form to the management office. It is your responsibility to find someone to take over the term of your lease and they must go through the same qualifying procedures and pay the same fees as you did when you rented the apartment. You will need to advertise and show the apartment to prospective tenants. We highly recommend you use rental agents. Once a new tenant has signed and moved into the apartment, you will no longer have any responsibility for your lease and it will become null and void.

Q. What happens when the lease runs out?

A. Our office will contact you 60-90 days prior to the expiration of your lease. In most situations you will be give the option to renew your lease or a notice to vacate the apartment.

Q. What happens if I am locked out?

A. Call the management office during regular business hours and arrangements will be made to have the building engineer open your apartment at no charge. After hours, please call our office at (773) 665-0103. An “after hours” charge will be assessed for the building engineer to open your apartment. Additional charges may be applied if your lock needs changing or replacing.

Q. What should I do if I want to add a roommate?

A. To add or change a roommate, the new roommate must fill out an application and pay the appropriate credit check and processing fees. Once the new roommate´s application is approved, they must make arrangements to come into the office and sign the lease. To remove a tenant from a lease a written document sign by all roommates must be sent to and approved by the management office.

Q. Can I modify my apartment?

A. You may not make any alterations to the unit, including painting, installing any appliances, locks or other equipment or fixtures of any kind without prior consent from our management office.